F. X. Dutzenberg was founded in 1880. The original firm was established by Franz Xaver Dautzenberg, a goldsmith, in Krefeld in 1849. Some years later he started with the hand-made production of paraments. Owing to a mistake made by the authorities the name "Dautzenberg" was changed into "Dutzenberg".
The wind of change has also blown to F. X. Dutzenberg. In the past 120 hand looms were used for the production of liturgical fabrics. Today on modern machines a lot of different fabrics for vestments and banners are manufactured according to customer specifications.
The company F. X. Dutzenberg exists in the fifth generation and is owned by Cornelia Gathmann since 1995.